Wednesday 17 December 2008

MY HOBBY

My favourite hobby, among other things like basket or drawing, is the bike. But in this sport there are different modalities because it is very different going along the road or along a track. Of these modalities, I like and I practice Downhill (DH), Dirt Jump and four-cross(4X).
Downhill:
This modality consists of cycling down off-road trails, whether country back roads, fire roads, or single tracks in the shortest time possible. But not everything is competition, because you also do it without the need to win but to enjoy yourself and practise new jumps. This is Free ride. The bikes that we use have long travel suspension, both at the front and at the rear.
Dirt:
To practise jumping and make different figures in the air. These bikes are simpler than the previous modality.
4X:
The same as downhill but four bikers at the same time.
I don’t know in Poland, but these sports have become popular in Spain in the last years. They are very expensive sports because apart from a specialized bike,you need protections and they are not cheap.
Video: http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=ko3qyMT00jc

1 comment:

Asia Mioduszewska said...

It also becomes more and more popular in Poland:) Few of my friends are practising "Dirt" and they realy like it. I'd also like to try it but it seems too scary for me:)

I've got few questions:
do you know any girls practising Dirt or Downhill?
do you take part in competitions?:)